Alumni Ambassador Volunteer
|Location||Greenhouse Sports Centre and other various locations|
|Contract||1 Year volunteering|
|Hours||Around 2 hours per month|
Applications welcomed on an ongoing basis
Please send an Expression of Interest letter (approximately 450 words long) outlining the reasons why you feel you are suited to this role, along with your CV, to [email protected].
Join our passionate team who change lives through sports
- Are you looking to volunteer in the charity sector?
- Are you passionate about sharing your experiences to support Greenhouse Sports while raising awareness for the work we do?
- Would you like to develop skills as a motivational speaker?
Greenhouse Sports are looking to re–engage with ex-participants who attended our sports/community programmes, to be involved in an exciting new volunteer opportunity – to become an Ambassador for our Alumni Programme. This role is aimed at young people aged 18 or above from a diverse background.
What are the benefits of becoming an Ambassador?
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- Developing new skills and self-confidence
- Opportunities to network with different audiences including young people, donors, stakeholder and schools
- The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to improve the life chances of thousands of young Londoners
We will be hosting a series of virtual interviews and phone calls to connect with ex-participants that may be interested in learning more and who want to apply for this ambassador role.
Alumni Ambassador – Volunteer Role Description
This exciting volunteer opportunity will provide the applicants with opportunities to develop their skills in public speaking and an opportunity to network with the influential stakeholders and donors at Greenhouse Sports events. You’ll also be giving back to and helping the charity to raise money, supporting us in improving the life chances of thousands more Young Londoners.
- A commitment of minimum 1 year is required
- Each ambassador will be required to attend at least one evening event per year, take part in one fundraising activity and attend one event at a Greenhouse Sports school per year
- Other requirements are ad hoc, dependent on marketing and publicity opportunities, but on average may require 2 hours per month
Greenhouse Sports Requirement
- Undertake Greenhouse Sports Volunteer Induction, including training on Essential Operating Standards (EOS) module: Safeguarding Children Level One Interactive
- Child Barred List Check (List 99 Check): A check to see if the applicants details are on the list of people considered unsuitable for work with children, held by the Department for Children, Schools and Families
- Greenhouse Sports will cover volunteer expenses
- A passion for the work of Greenhouse Sports born of their own experience
- To have completed at least 2 years of the Greenhouse Sports programme in a school
- Ability to communicate the impact that a Greenhouse Sports coach had on their life journey and demonstrate that the coaching and mentoring was ‘pivotal’ in their journey as a teenager
- Ability to attend 1 or more events per year to represent Greenhouse Sports to donors, young people or other stakeholders
- A keenness to share their story via completing a case study, to appear on the website and use their picture and story to share on social media channels or in fundraising applications
- Aged 22+
- An ability to speak in public, to groups of 10 – 300 people (although support and training to prepare for this will be provided)
- Social media presence or influence which can assist Greenhouse Sports to raise their profile
- Willingness to speak with journalists about their experience if required (training and preparation will be provided)
- Ability to inspire other young people to follow in your footsteps and experience of engaging with young people
Equality and diversity
- We are aiming to recruit a group of alumni ambassadors who reflect fully the amazing diversity of people who have benefited from Greenhouse Sports.
- We are committed to equal opportunities and we particularly welcome your application if you have disabilities, or because of your gender or background you often lack representation.
- We want ambassadors who reflect the diversity of sports we are involved in.
- We want to hear from our alumni who have pursued different careers after finishing their education – whether you have become a coach, a teacher, a lawyer, an events manager or a banker – we welcome your application.