Greenhouse Sports aims to develop Social, Thinking, Emotional and Physical skills for young people in London’s most disadvantaged communities through outstanding, intensive sports programmes delivered by inspirational coaches. It is important for us to be part of the community, therefore we have introduced ‘Homework Club’ where students from the community come to complete their homework.
How you can help
You will work alongside a member of Greenhouse Sports Staff, helping the students complete their homework and supporting their needs.
- Your role may include the following but you will have the chance to discuss with the volunteering team your exact role so that the role is suited to you:
- Help individuals or small groups to complete their homework in a safe, bright and friendly environment
- Provide encouragement and motivation for the students
- Ensure their safety and wellbeing by following Greenhouse Health and Safety and Child Protection procedures
- Ensuring that the young people are working as best as they can
- Support with marking the attendance register
- Take responsibility to ensure that the Homework Room is left tidy
Is this role right for you?
We are looking for confident, enthusiastic and reliable volunteers who are able to make a regular commitment to the programme. A range of skills are welcomed.
What support will you receive?
- All volunteers will need to attend Greenhouse Sports compulsory training sessions in Safeguarding and Child Protection and Emergency First Aid.
- You’ll receive ongoing support and feedback from the Head Coach at your programme as well as the Programme Administrator.
- For committed volunteers there is the possibility of further training opportunities specifically related to their role.
When and where?
You will be based at our Greenhouse Sports Centre (35 Cosway Street, NW15NS), Mondays and Wednesdays from 15:00-17:00.
Checks and references
In line with standard practice across the UK, volunteers who wish to volunteer with our young people will need to have a DBS certificate issued before volunteering with us. This is just one of a number of checks we carry out on our volunteers to ensure the safety of our young people. Having a criminal conviction is not necessarily a barrier to volunteering with Greenhouse, please contact us to discuss in confidence.
Think you could help? We’d love to hear from you!
Please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive an application form for the role.