Greenhouse Sports commissions external evaluation of our work conducted by independent researchers, in addition to our own internal impact investigation. We believe this to be valuable for several reasons:
- It can corroborate our own analysis and can strengthen the standards of evidence for our outcomes
- It allows us to identify elements of our programmes we should investigate further
- It allows us to draw on resources and expertise above and beyond our own
- It is part of a broader initiative to engage external partners and share best practice with the sector
- Scoping Study, Loughborough University
For six months in 2017, a team of researchers from Loughborough University investigated what our coaches are able to achieve for the young people they work with and the whole school environment. The research was robustly peer reviewed by volunteering charity Pro Bono Economics and we thank them, along with NHS England for their support of this project.
The scoping study examined stakeholder views of the impact of Greenhouse Sports, identifying how and why the programmes work in schools, along with better ways of demonstrating the impact. It will be used to inform further research.