How it works for your employer
Payroll Giving is a tax-free way for your employees to make a regular donation to Greenhouse Sports through their salary. It’s simple to set up and run and is an excellent way to support your employees’ charitable giving whilst helping Greenhouse Sports to make a difference in the lives of even more underprivileged young people in London.
Benefits of Payroll Giving to your employees
- It’s easy and convenient, coming straight from their pay packet
- It’s tax efficient and costs less to give more
- There is no limit to the size of the gift
- Donation amounts can be changed or stopped at any time simply by informing your Payroll Department
|Donor’s monthly gift||Cost to donor paying 20% tax||Cost to donor paying 40% tax||Cost to donor paying 50% tax|
Please note that we have calculated that 40% higher rate tax band starts after earning £42,385 GROSS per year and 45% super tax is applicable to those earning over £150,000 GROSS per year (this includes any and all personal allowances that might or might not be applicable).
Benefits of Payroll Giving for your business
- Boosts staff morale and motivation
- Enhances your business’ charitable giving, with little effort or cost to you
- Enables you to monitor the level of charitable giving that your business has helped achieve
- Offers the opportunity to gain recognition from your industry peers by attaining a Quality Mark Award, a Government accreditation given to organisations who implement Payroll Giving
How to promote Payroll Giving throughout your business
- Here are our key recommendations to ensure that your organisation and employees reap the full benefits of Payroll Giving and maximise the staff engagement opportunities through it:
- Involve Greenhouse Sports to help you with your promotion. Our experienced Fundraising Team will be able to offer you invaluable advice on how best to promote the scheme to suit your organisation’s environment and employees’ needs.
- Make your promotion time sensitive, offer a prize draw incentive or offer to enhance donations.
- Offer Matched Giving on your employees donations
- Lead by example and encourage senior leaders in your organisation to sign up to Payroll Giving. It is a good idea to have a Senior Executive as the face of your campaign. Aim for a Gold Quality Mark Award, which is 10% take-up among staff.
Our fundraising team can help you decide on the best ways to promote your existing scheme or set up a new scheme with a bang! Give them a call on 020 8600 9991 or email email@example.com We can set up a meeting in person or over the phone to discuss your needs and create a tailor made plan for your staff promotion.