Our child protection statement
Greenhouse Sports is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people.
We recognise our responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. Staff and volunteers work to an ethos which embraces difference and diversity and respects the rights of children and young people.
Greenhouse Sports will:
- Ensure that all staff & volunteers understand their legal and moral obligations to protect children and young people from harm, abuse and exploitation
- Develop best practice in relation to the recruitment of all staff & volunteers
- Ensure that all staff & volunteers understand their responsibility to work to the standards and procedures detailed in the organisation’s Code of Conduct, Code of Good Practice and the Child Protection Procedures
- Ensure that all staff & volunteers understand their obligations to report care or protection concerns about a child/young person, or a member of staff’s or volunteer’s conduct towards a child/young person, to the organisation’s designated child protection officer
- Ensure that all procedures relating to the conduct of staff & volunteers are implemented in a consistent and equitable manner
- Ensure that the designated person understands his/her responsibility to refer any child protection concerns to the statutory child protection agencies (i.e. the Police and/or the local authority child protection team ) where appropriate
- Provide opportunities for all workers to develop their skills and knowledge particularly in relation to any new legislation and/or good practice guidelines for the safeguarding & protection of children
- Ensure that children and young people are made aware of their rights and are always encouraged to express their ideas and views on a wide range of issues, including having access to the organisation’s Complaints Procedure
- Ensure that parents/legal guardians/carers are encouraged to be involved in the work of the organisation and, when requested, have access to all guidelines and procedures
- Endeavour to keep up-to-date with national developments relating to the care and protection of children and young people as directed by the NSPCC’s Child Protection in Sport Unit
To find out more email email@example.com